lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Per Steffensen <st...@designware.dk>
Subject Re: CoreAdmin STATUS performance
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2013 11:22:49 GMT
On 1/10/13 10:09 AM, Shahar Davidson wrote:
> search request, the system must be aware of all available cores in order to execute distributed
search on_all_  relevant cores
For this purpose I would definitely recommend that you go "SolrCloud".

Further more we do something "ekstra":
We have several collections each containing data from a specific period
in time - timestamp of ingoing data decides which collection it is
indexed into. One important search-criteria for our clients are search
on timestamp-interval. Therefore most searches can be restricted to only
consider a subset of all our collections. Instead of having the logic
calculating the subset of collections to search (given the timestamp
search-interval) in clients, we just let clients do "dumb" searches by
giving the timestamp-interval. The subset of collections to search are
calculated on server-side from the timestamp-interval in the
search-query. We handle this in a Solr SearchComponent which we place
"early" in the chain of SearchComponents. Maybe you can get some
inspiration by this approach, if it is also relevant for you.

Regards, Per Steffensen