lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Per Steffensen <st...@designware.dk>
Subject Re: Way to lock solr for incoming writes
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2013 16:14:06 GMT
Well you can stop the solrs :-)
If you are making backup by copying the actual files stored by solr, you
probably want to stop them anyway to make sure everything is consistent
and written to disk. If you dont stop the solrs, at least make sure that
you do a "commit" (not soft) after all incomming writes have been stopped.
If you cannot afford stopping the solrs, when of course you will need to
do something smarter. Maybe it is possible to just close the http
endpoint in your webcontainer (jetty or tomcat or whatever) for a short
while, or close the port on OS level or ...

Regards, Per Steffensen