lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Large data importing getting rollback with solr
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 15:10:12 GMT
ashimbose,

It is possible that this is happening because Solr reaches a point where
it is doing so many simultaneous merges that ongoing indexing is stopped
until a huge merge finishes.  This causes the JDBC driver to time out
and disconnect, and there is no viable generic way to recover from that
problem.

I used to run into this with large MySQL imports.  If this is what's
happening, the following change/addition in the mergeScheduler section
of indexConfig in solrconfig.xml will fix it:

   <mergeScheduler class="org.apache.lucene.index.ConcurrentMergeScheduler">
     <int name="maxThreadCount">1</int>
     <int name="maxMergeCount">6</int>
   </mergeScheduler>

If that doesn't fix it, then I would look for a problem with either your
JDBC driver or your DB server.

Thanks,
Shawn