lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Alan Woodward <a...@flax.co.uk>
Subject Re: CPU spikes on trunk
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2013 15:22:47 GMT
Hi Markus,

How recent a check-out from trunk are you running?  I added a bunch of statistics recording
a few months back which we had to back out over Christmas because it was causing memory leaks.

Alan Woodward
alan@flax.co.uk

On 2 Jan 2013, at 15:15, Markus Jelsma wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have two clusters running on similar machines equipped with SSD's. One runs a 6 month
old trunk check out and another always has a very recent check out. Both sometimes receive
a few documents to index. The old cluster actually processes queries.

> We've seen performance differences before, the idle new cluster is always more slow to
respond than the old one. Top and other monitoring tools show frequent CPU-spikes even when
nothing is going on, CPU usage increases when a proxy starts to admin/ping them.