lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Karan jindal <karanjindal1...@gmail.com>
Subject background merge hit exception AND read past EOF: NIOFSIndexInput
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2013 13:59:16 GMT
Hi everyone,

I have a solr index which is built using solr 3.2.

I am facing two problem with that solr index.

While Seaching:-
1) Searching (searching on a particular field) on that index gives  "*read
past EOF: NIOFSIndexInput*" error  but work fine for **:** query.
2) searching work fine with solr 3.2.

While Optimizing:-
1) for both version of solr 3.2 and 3.6 it gives "background merge hit
exception" error while optimizing. I read various discuss about this on
solr user list. mostly all of them have complaint about *no disk space error
* but that is not happening in my case. I have a free memory (disk space)
of 140GB and index size is 5GB.

Any Ideas what is going on?

Thanks
Karan