lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Parvin Gasimzade <parvin.gasimz...@gmail.com>
Subject Max number of core in Solr multi-core
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2013 12:18:32 GMT
Hi all,

We have a system that enables users to create applications and store data
on their application. We want to separate the index of each application. We
create a core for each application and search on the given application when
user make query. Since there isn't any relation between the applications,
this solution could perform better than the storing all index together.

I have two questions related to this.
1. Is this a good solution? If not could you please suggest any better
solution?
2. Is there a limit on the number of core that I can create on Solr? There
will be thousands maybe more application on the system.

P.S. This question is also asked in the
stackoverflow<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14121624/max-number-of-core-in-solr-multi-core>
.

Thanks,