lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CPU spikes on trunk
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2013 00:08:52 GMT
Any chance you can hook up to a node with something like visual vm and sample some method calls
or something?

- Mark

On Jan 2, 2013, at 10:15 AM, Markus Jelsma <markus.jelsma@openindex.io> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have two clusters running on similar machines equipped with SSD's. One runs a 6 month
old trunk check out and another always has a very recent check out. Both sometimes receive
a few documents to index. The old cluster actually processes queries.

> We've seen performance differences before, the idle new cluster is always more slow to
respond than the old one. Top and other monitoring tools show frequent CPU-spikes even when
nothing is going on, CPU usage increases when a proxy starts to admin/ping them.