lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: OR query
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2013 15:27:01 GMT
You're using query and filter query backwards - the query is what you are
looking for (the OR), while the filter query is the constraint on the
query - the drill down.

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Jones
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2013 7:38 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: OR query

Thanks, I've tried doing

<lst name="params">
<str name="wt">xml</str>
<str name="fq">
(constituencies:(ian paisley) OR label:(ian paisley) OR office:(ian
paisley))
</str>
<str name="q">name_long:"paisley, ian"</str>
</lst>
</lst>
<result name="response" numFound="0" start="0"/>

and

<str name="fq">+ian +paisley "paisley, ian"</str>
<str name="q">name_long:"paisley, ian"</str>

But neither return any results