lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Markus Jelsma <markus.jel...@openindex.io>
Subject CPU spikes on trunk
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2013 15:15:18 GMT
Hi,

We have two clusters running on similar machines equipped with SSD's. One runs a 6 month old
trunk check out and another always has a very recent check out. Both sometimes receive a few
documents to index. The old cluster actually processes queries.

We've seen performance differences before, the idle new cluster is always more slow to respond
than the old one. Top and other monitoring tools show frequent CPU-spikes even when nothing
is going on, CPU usage increases when a proxy starts to admin/ping them.

Is anyone familiar with this observation? Did i miss something?

Thanks,
Markus