lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: how to search with certain characters
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2013 13:54:45 GMT
Check to see that you use compatible analyzers for index and query for that
field type. You can use the Solr Admin UI Analyzer page to enter the same
text and see how it gets analyzed for both index and query.

Also, if you do change the analyzer for a field type, make sure to fully
reindex your data, otherwise the query analysis will not agree with the
original index analysis.

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: Niklas Langvig
Sent: Friday, March 01, 2013 8:40 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: how to search with certain characters

Hi
All my field are copied into the field "Text" from which I search
http://localhost:8080/solr/select?q=text:*manager*

which works fine, however I have some charcters that I can't figure out and
google is not my friend today
say I want to search for IT-Manager

localhost:8080/solr/select?q=text:*IT-Manager*
Then I get result that just has the word manager in it

I want to search for a telephone number +46555-555-555
http://localhost:8080/solr/select?q=text:*+46555-555-555*

and I want to search for email
http://localhost:8080/solr/select?q=text:*myname@someaddress.com*

here the @ is the problem.

So I googled for special characters, but havn't got any luck to get the
correct result.
How should this work?

Thanks
Niklas