lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Remi Mikalsen <remi.mikal...@iktsenteret.no>
Subject NorwegianLightStemFilterFactory and protected words
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2013 13:46:10 GMT
While the NorwegianLightStemFilterFactory generally works very well, I have come across a few
words I'd very much like not to stem.

The following words:
 - lærere (teachers)
 - lærer (teacher)
 - lære (teach)

all match :
 - lær (leather)

I tried adding protected="protwords.txt" to my NorwegianLightStemFilterFactory filter, and
adding the following words to my protwords.txt file:
 - lærere
 - lærer
 - lære

It didn't work (I use the protwords.txt for other purposes and it works there). After looking
around, it *seems* this particular FilterFactory doesn't support protwords the same way for
example SnowballPorterFilterFactory does.

I wonder if there is an alternative way to stop those words from being processed by the NorwegianLightStemFilterFactory?

Regards,

--
Remi Mikalsen
Senter for IKT i utdanningen