lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: Email Search Slow
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2013 19:02:54 GMT
It sounds like you have enough raw memory. How big is the index (GB)?

Are you doing anything like ngrams that generate zillions of terms?

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: girish.gopal
Sent: Friday, March 01, 2013 1:49 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Email Search Slow

Thanks Jack. The search is slow only when it is issued for the first time.
Ex. querying for *@gmail* takes 20+ seconds for the first time; when I
re-issue the same search, then it returns pretty quick(Possibly reading out
of cache).
But when I issue a new search *@yahoo.* then this too takes about 20+ secs
before returning with results. Basically I seem to have a problem when a new
search is issued.
Is this normal?

My Specs are:
Windows Server 2008 64 bit Dual Quad Core CPUs with 64 GB of RAM.
I have allocated 55GB of memory to Tomcat in its config.

I will check on the Heap.
Regards,
Giri