lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Lance Norskog <goks...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Returning to Solr 4.0 from 4.1
Date Sat, 02 Mar 2013 03:42:42 GMT
Yes, the SolrEntityProcessor can be used for this.
If you stored the original document bodies in the Solr index!
You can also download the documents in Json or CSV format and re-upload
those to old Solr. I don't know if CSV will work for your docs.  If CSV
works, you can directly upload what you download. If you download JSON,
you have to "unwrap" the outermost structure and upload the data as an
array.

There are problems with the SolrEntityProcessor.1)  It is
single-threaded. 2) If you 'copyField' to a field, and store that field,
you have to be sure not to reload the contents of the field, because you
will add a new copy from the 'source' field.