lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: create cores dynamically
Date Sun, 03 Mar 2013 19:19:55 GMT
On 3/3/2013 12:08 PM, adeelmahmood wrote:
> Well this is all useful information but not sure if it really answers my
> question. Let me rephrase what exactly I am trying to do. Lets say I start
> with core0 so this is how the directory structure looks like
>
> solr.home
> -> solr.xml
> -> core0
>    -> conf
>    -> data
>
> now when I want to dynamically add core1 i want to end up with a structure
> like this
>
> solr.home
> -> solr.xml
> -> core0
>    -> conf
>    -> data
> -> core1
>    -> conf
>    -> data
>
> is this possible with dynamic core creation, to have a seperate directory
> with conf and data directory inside it for each core separetely

Yes, you can do this.  You'll need to create the new core directory and
its conf directory before creating the core within Solr, Solr doesn't do
that part for you.  Solr will automatically create the data directory,
though.

On my setup, I don't create cores dynamically.  I have a central config
directory and I create symlinks within the individual core config
directories back to the central.

Thanks,
Shawn