lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: How can I compile and debug Solr from source code?
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2013 20:56:55 GMT
On 3/21/2013 6:56 AM, Furkan KAMACI wrote:
> I use Intellij Idea 12 and Solr 4.1 on a Centos 6.4 64 bit computer.
>
> I have opened Solr source code at Intellij IDEA as explained documentation.
> I want to deploy Solr into Tomcat 7. When I open the project there are
> configurations set previosly (I used ant idea command before I open the
> project) . However they are all test configurations and some of them are
> not passed test (this is another issue, no need to go detail at this
> e-mail). I have added a Tomcat Local configuration into configurations but
> I don't know which one is the main method of Solr and is there any
> documentation that explains code. i.e. I want to debug a point what Solr
> receives from when I say -index from nutch and what Solr does?
>
> I tried somehing to run code (I don't think I could generate a .war or an
> exploded folder) an this is the error that I get:(I did't point any
> artifact for edit configurations)
>
> Error: Exception thrown by the agent : java.net.MalformedURLException:
> Local host name unknown: java.net.UnknownHostException: me.local: me.local:
> Name or service not known

There actually isn't a way to execute Solr itself, it doesn't have a
main method.  Solr is a servlet, so it requires a servlet container to
run.  The container that it ships with is jetty.  You have mentioned tomcat.

I don't know how you might go about running tomcat and Solr within
IntelliJ.  Perhaps someone else here might.  The debugging instructions
on the wiki for IntelliJ seem to indicate that you debug remotely and
start the included jetty with some special options:

http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/HowtoConfigureIntelliJ

If you do figure out how to get IntelliJ to deploy directly to a locally
installed tomcat, please update the wiki with the steps required.

Thanks,
Shawn