lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <erik.hatc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How can I compile and debug Solr from source code?
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2013 21:42:33 GMT
Here's my development/debug workflow:

  - "ant idea" at the top-level to generate the IntelliJ project
  - cd solr; ant example - to build the full example
  - cd example; java -Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=5005
-jar start.jar - to launch Jetty+Solr in debug mode
  - set breakpoints in IntelliJ, set up a Remote run option (localhost:5005) in IntelliJ and
debug pleasantly

All the unit tests in Solr run very nicely in IntelliJ too, and for tight development loops,
I spend my time doing that instead of running full on Solr.

	Erik