lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From alx...@aim.com
Subject solr cloud index size is too big
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2013 03:16:52 GMT
Hello,

I had a non cloud collection index size around 80G for 15M documents with solr-4.1.0. So,
I decided to use solr cloud with two shards and sent to solr the following command

 curl 'http://slave:8983/solr/admin/collections?action=CREATE&name=mycollection&numShards=2&replicationFactor=1&maxShardsPerNode=1'

I tried to put replicationFactor=0 but this command gave an error.  After reindexing, into
two separate linux boxes with one instances of solr running in each of them I see that size
of index in each shard is 90GB versus expected 40GB although each of the shards has half (7.5M)
of  documents.

Any ideas what went wrong?

Thanks.
Alex.