lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Dyer, James" <James.D...@ingramcontent.com>
Subject RE: can we configure spellcheck to be invoked after request processing?
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2013 15:30:16 GMT
I'm a little confused here because if you are searching q=jeap OR denim , then you should be
getting both documents back.  Having spellcheck configured does not affect your search results
at all.  Having it in your request will sometime result in spelling suggestions, usually if
one or more terms you queried is not in the index.  But if all of your query terms are optional
then you need only have 1 term match anything to get results.  You should get the same results
regardless of whether or not you have spellcheck in the request.

While spellcheck does not affect your query results, the results do affect spellcheck.  This
is why you should put spellcheck in the "last-components" section of your request handler
configuration.  This ensures that the query is run before spellcheck.

James Dyer
Ingram Content Group
(615) 213-4311

-----Original Message-----
From: roz dev [mailto:rozdev29@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2013 6:33 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: can we configure spellcheck to be invoked after request processing?

Hi All,
I may be asking a stupid question but please bear with me.

Is it possible to configure Spell check to be invoked after Solr has
processed the original query?

My use case is :

I am using DirectSpellChecker and have a document which has "Denim" as a
term and there is another document which has "Jeap".

I am issuing a Search as "Jean" or "Denim"

I am finding that this Solr query is giving me ZERO results and suggesting
"Jeap" as an alternative.

I want Solr to try to run the query for "Jean" or "Denim" and if there are
no results found then only suggest "Jeap" as an alternative

Is this doable in Solr?

Any suggestions.

-Saroj