lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: Email Search Slow
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2013 18:39:20 GMT
Make sure you have enough heap space for your JVM and the most if not all of
your index fits in OS system memory.

After you start Solr and issue a couple of queries, how much JVM heap is
available?

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: girish.gopal
Sent: Friday, March 01, 2013 1:24 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Email Search Slow

Hello,
I have over 40 million records/documents and I need to retrieve them using
wildcard searches on email and / or firstname and / or lastname.
The firstname, lastname and blank search (*:*) all return results within 3
seconds. But my Email search alone takes more than 20-25 secs.
I would like to know what is the general recommendations for this field. I
have tried tokenizing(StandardTokenizer) and also the simple TextField for
this.
Thanks.