lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Alexandre Rafalovitch <arafa...@gmail.com>
Subject What makes an Analyzer/Tokenizer/CharFilter/etc suitable for Solr?
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2013 03:32:30 GMT
Hello,

I want to have a unified reference of all different processors one could
use in Solr in various extension points.

I have written a small tool to extract all implementations
of UpdateRequestProcessorFactory, Analyzer, CharFilterFactory, etc
(actually of any root class).

However, I assume not all Lucene Analyzer derivatives can be just plugged
into Solr.

Is it fair to say that the class must:
*) Derive from appropriate root (is there a list of ALL the roots?)
*) Be public and not abstract (though a common sub-root could be)
*) Have a default empty constructor

My preliminary tests seem to indicate this is the case. Am I missing
anything.

Regards,
   Alex.
- Time is the quality of nature that keeps events from happening all at
once. Lately, it doesn't seem to be working.  (Anonymous  - via GTD book)