lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Floyd Wu <floyd...@gmail.com>
Subject Very slow query when boosting involve with EnternalFileField
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2013 06:58:08 GMT
Hi everyone,

I have a problem and have no luck to figure out.

When I issue a query to
Query 1
http://localhost:8983/solr/select?q={!boost+b=recip(ms(NOW/HOUR,last_modified_datetime),3.16e-11,1,1)}((((all
:"java"))))&start=0&rows=10&fl=score,author&sort=score+desc

Query 2
http://localhost:8983/solr/select?q={!boost+b=sum(ranking,recip(ms(NOW/HOUR,last_modified_datetime)),3.16e-11,1,1)}((((all
:"java"))))&start=0&rows=10&fl=score,author&sort=score+desc

The difference between two query is "boost".
The boost function of Query 2 using a field named ranking and this field is
ExternalFileField.
External file is key=value pair about 10000 lines.

Execution time
Query 1-->100ms
Query 2-->2300ms

I tried to issue Query 3 and change ranking to a constant "1"
http://localhost:8983/solr/select?q={!boost+b=sum(1,recip(ms(NOW/HOUR,last_modified_datetime)),3.16e-11,1,1)}((((all
:"java"))))&start=0&rows=10&fl=score,author&sort=score+desc

Execution time
Query 3-->110ms

one thing I can sure that involved with externalFileField will slow down
query execution time significantly. But I have no idea how to solve this
problem as my boost function must calculate value of ranking field.

Please help on this.

PS: I'm using SOLR-4.1

Floyd