lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Dotan Cohen <dotanco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Returning to Solr 4.0 from 4.1
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2013 10:16:33 GMT
On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 11:59 AM, Rafał Kuć <r.kuc@solr.pl> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I assumed that re-indexing can be painful in your case, if it wouldn't
> you probably would re-index by now :) I guess (didn't test it myself),
> that you can create another collection inside your cluster, use the
> old codec for Lucene 4.0 (setting the version in solrconfig.xml should
> be enough) and re-indexing, but still re-indexing will have to be
> done. Or maybe someone knows a better way ?

Will I have to reindex via an external script bridging, such as a
Python script which requests N documents at a time, indexes them into
Solr 4.1, then requests another N documents to index? Or is there
internal Solr / Lucene facility for this? I've actually looked for
such a facility, but as I am unable to find such a thing I ask.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com