lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jamie Johnson <jej2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solr cloud and auto shard timeline
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2013 11:00:50 GMT
I am sorry for the confusion, I had assumed that there was a way to issue
commands to ES to have it change it's current shard layout (i.e. go from 2
to 4 for instance) but on further reading of their documentation I do not
see that.  That being said is there a timeline on being able to add shards
to solr cloud by splitting an existing shard (or set of shards) and does
anyone have a good writeup of the different capabilities between the two at
this point?