lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A few operations questions about the tlog (UpdateLog)
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2013 01:35:03 GMT
A new tlog gets created and the current one is closed on a hard commit
(openSearcher=true or false doesn't matter). The old one will be kept
around for a bit, I suspect if you'd done it a third time the first one
would go away. For all I know, the code might read if (tlog docs > 100) and
you may be hitting an off-by-one situation.

But you're right. If you follow older practices and _never_ commit until
the end of a really long indexing process, you'll see these logs grow huge.
Even worse, anytime they're replayed they'll then re-index a lot of
documents.

So I'd try the experiment over again with 110 docs.... But I can say
they're getting purged on my machine quite regularly with some stress
testing I'm doing.

Best,
Erick