lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solr3.5 Vs Solr4.1 - Help please
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2013 01:45:14 GMT
First, did the index you moved get built with 3.x? In that case the fields
won't be compressed. And things will be slower due 4.1 having to go through
the back-compat layer. If you did do this, try optimizing since that'll
re-write the index in 4.1 format (I'm pretty sure at least).

Second, fl _does_ matter, especially if you have lazy field loading
enabled. Basically you'll have to load/uncompress all the fields mentioned
in the fl list.

Best
Erick