lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Branham, Jeremy [HR]" <Jeremy.D.Bran...@sprint.com>
Subject SOLR reindexing
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2013 19:01:43 GMT
I've read this...
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5154093/solr-requests-time-out-during-index-update-perhaps-replication-a-possible-solut

[Using SOLR 1.4]

We are doing intraday full re-index because we aren't sure if the document has been modified.
Currently we are re-indexing to a second core then swapping to the original.

Is this still the preferred method to avoid searcher delays?

[We are planning an upgrade to SOLR 4 soon, if that makes any difference]

Jeremy D. Branham
Performance Technologist II
Sprint University Performance Support
Fort Worth, TX | Office: +1 (972) 405-2970 | Mobile: +1 (817) 791-1627
http://JeremyBranham.Wordpress.com<http://jeremybranham.wordpress.com/>
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jeremybranham

This e-mail may contain Sprint Nextel proprietary information intended for the sole use of
the recipient(s). Any use by others is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender and delete all copies of the message.