lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Problems with Solr 3.6 and Magento
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2013 00:41:57 GMT

: I noticed that Magento is using the overwritePending commit directive but I
: can't find any documentation on this. Does the overwritePending directive
: purge any added docs since the last commit? Any help would be appreciated.

overwritePending has never been a commit option.

it was an "add" option in Solr 3.x, but has been deprecated for a long
itme in place of the singular "overwrite" option...

https://wiki.apache.org/solr/UpdateXmlMessages#Optional_attributes_for_.22add.22

...it's just a way of letting clients tell solr that solr doesn't need to
do the normal checks to overwrite existing documents with the same key --
because the client is taking responsibility for garunteeing that a
document with the same key doesn't already exist.

-Hoss