lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From feroz_kh <feroz.kh2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Upgrade Solr3.5 to Solr4.1 - Index Reformat ?
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2013 18:19:54 GMT
Hi Shawn,

I tried optimizing using this command...

curl
'http://localhost:XXXX/solr/update?optimize=true&maxSegments=10&waitFlush=true'

And i got this response within secs...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<response>
name="QTime">840</int></lst>
</response>

Is this a valid response that one should get ?
I checked the statistics link from  /solr/admin page and it shows the number
segments got updated.
Would this be a good indication that optimization is complete ?
At the same time - I even noticed the number of files in data/index
directory hasn't reduced & all files are not updated.
Since it took just couple of secs for the response(even with waitFlush=true)
- i am doubting if optimization really happened , but details on statistics
page shows me correct number of segments.