lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Dyer, James" <James.D...@ingramcontent.com>
Subject RE: Solr Multiword Search
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2013 18:25:41 GMT
Use IndexBasedSpellChecker instead of DirectSolrSpellChecker if you need more than 2 edits.
 You may need to set the "accuracy" parameter lower than the default of .5

Keep in mind that while this might get the correct responses for your test cases, in the wild
your users might find their queries are getting spell-corrected to strange, far-flung, even
comical things.

You might also want to look into using an aggressive stemmer or even a phonetic analyzer in
your analysis chain to get these matches without resorting to spellcheck.

James Dyer
Ingram Content Group
(615) 213-4311

-----Original Message-----
From: skmirch [mailto:skmirch@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2013 12:57 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: RE: Solr Multiword Search

Hi James,
Thanks for the response.

Nope, I'm not using dismax or edismax.  Just the standard solr query parser.

Also by using the variable "spellcheck.collateParam.q.op=AND" I see this
working.  This also means that all the words need to correct and the
maxEdits can only be 2 else it won't suggest with collations.

How can I get correction on an entire sentence?  maxEdits seem to be limited
to a max of 2 otherwise see an exception in the logs.

Therefore from my experiments with the same search terms:
"charles and the chocolit factry" did not work.  Too many edits
"charlei and the chocolate factory" worked
"charlie and the choclit factory" did not work
"charlie and the chocolate factry" worked.
"charlie and the chocoleat factory" worked.

I tried the same thing with spellcheck.alternativeTermCount=100 and this did
not help with collations.

Need more ideas.  Appreciate your help.
Regards,
-- Sandeep