lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Dyer, James" <James.D...@ingramcontent.com>
Subject RE: Solr Multiword Search
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2013 21:15:40 GMT
To get "did-you-mean" suggestions, use both "spellcheck.alternativeTermCount" > 0 along
with "spellcheck.maxResultsForSuggest" > 0.  Set this later parameter to the max # of hits
you want to trigger "did-you-mean" suggestions.  See http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SpellCheckComponent#spellcheck.alternativeTermCount
for both parameters.  Also, you might find the discussion from when this was developed helpful:
 https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-2585 .

James Dyer
Ingram Content Group
(615) 213-4311

-----Original Message-----
From: skmirch [mailto:skmirch@hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, April 05, 2013 2:21 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: RE: Solr Multiword Search

Hi James,
Thanks for the very useful tips, however, I am looking for searches that
produce collations.

I need a functionality where someone searching for "madona" sees results for
"madona" and also get collations for "madonna".  So a functionality like
"Did you mean" can be provided.   We need exact matches and provide
suggestions if better ones exist from within our catalog?

What I am seeing right now is that when searching for "madona", "madona" is
returned but there are no collations for "madonna" appearing.  I am using
DirectSolrSpellChecker and have minQueryFrequency set at 0.01 . In theory it
should produce some collations for madonna.

I am not seeing any.
Not sure what I need to do for this?  I would appreciate any help.
Thanks.
-- Sandeep