lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Alexandre Rafalovitch <arafa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Flow Chart of Solr
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2013 18:12:37 GMT
Yago,

My point - perhaps lost in too much text - was that Solr is presented - and
can function - as a black-box. Which makes it different from more
traditional open-source project. So, the stage-2 happens exactly when the
non-programmers have to cross the boundary from the black-box into
code-first approach and the hand-off is not particularly smooth. Or even
when - say - php or .Net programmer  tries to get beyond the basic
operations their client library and has the understand the server-side
aspects of Solr.

Regards,
   Alex.

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 1:19 PM, Yago Riveiro <yago.riveiro@gmail.com> wrote:

> Alexandre,
>
> You describe the normal path when a beginner try to use a source of code
> that doesn't understand, black-box, reading code, hacking, ok now I know
> 10% of the project, with lucky :p.

- Time is the quality of nature that keeps events from happening all at
once. Lately, it doesn't seem to be working.  (Anonymous  - via GTD book)