lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Furkan KAMACI <furkankam...@gmail.com>
Subject Filtering Search Cloud
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2013 21:02:22 GMT
I want to separate my cloud into two logical parts. One of them is indexer
cloud of SolrCloud. Second one is Searcher cloud of SolrCloud.

My first question is that. Does separating my cloud system make sense about
performance improvement. Because I think that when indexing, searching make
time to response and if I separate them I get a performance improvement. On
the other hand maybe using all Solr machines as whole (I mean not
partitioning as I mentioned) SolrCloud can make a better load balancing, I
would want to learn it.

My second question is that. Let's assume that I have separated my machines
as I mentioned. Can I filter some indexes to be searchable or not from
Searcher SolrCloud?