lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Yago Riveiro <yago.rive...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Flow Chart of Solr
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2013 17:19:43 GMT
Alexandre,

You describe the normal path when a beginner try to use a source of code that doesn't understand,
black-box, reading code, hacking, ok now I know 10% of the project, with lucky :p.

First at all, the Solr community is fantastic and always helps when I need it. IMHO the devel
documentation is dispersed in a lot of sources, blogs, wiki, lucidWorks wiki (I know that
this wiki was donated to apache and it's in progress to present to the world as part of the
project).

The curve for do funny thing with Solr at source level is hard, I see a lot of webinars teaching
how deploy and use solr, but not how developing a ResponseWriter or a SearchComponent.

Unfortunately I don't have the knowledge to contribute right, in the future … will see.

--
Yago Riveiro