lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Achim Domma <do...@procoders.net>
Subject Constant score for more like this reference document
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2013 09:18:12 GMT
I call the mlt handler using a query which searches for a certain document (?q=id:some_document_id).
The reference document is included in the result and the score is also returned. I found out,
that the score if fixed, independent of the document. So for each document id I get the same
score. The score varies between cores, but is fixed per core.

I'm aware of all the warnings about scores not being absolute values and that you cannot compare
them. But I wonder, why the value is fixed per core. Is it just a "random" value or is it
possible to explain how it's calculated?

I'm just digging into the code to get a better understanding of the inner working, but I'm
not yet deep enough. Feel free to point me to the relevant code snippets!

kind regards,
Achim