lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: Solr Document inside the document
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2013 09:17:06 GMT
Documents in Solr are flat - they contain a flat list of fields.

Depending on your requirements for the "doc inside doc", there may be several workarounds:

* field naming, i.e. "mysubdoc.title", "mysubdoc.author"... to flatten the document inside
the main one
* query time join as demonstrated in the Tutorial data (manufacturer sub documents as separate
docs)
* block-joins (faster way to index/search parent-child relationship sub docs)

Please elaborate on your exact need

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com