lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: Solr + Groovy
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2013 15:22:33 GMT
Check out the support for external scripting of update request processors:

http://lucene.apache.org/solr/4_3_0/solr-core/org/apache/solr/update/processor/StatelessScriptUpdateProcessorFactory.html

Are there any of your requirements that that doesn't address?

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: Achim Domma
Sent: Monday, June 03, 2013 3:07 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Solr + Groovy

Hi,

I have some query building and result processing code, which is currently
running as "normal" Solr client outside of Solr. I think it would make a lot
of sense to move parts of this code into a custom SearchHandler or
SearchComponent. Because I'm not a big fan of the Java language, I would
like to use Groovy.

Searching the web I got the impression that "Solr + alternative JVM
languages" is not a very common topic. So before starting my project, I
would like to know: Is there a well known good reason not to use Groovy (or
Clojure, Scala, ...) for implementing custom Solr code?

kind regards,
Achim=