lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: Individual Query Works fine but OR Query not worning
Date Sun, 02 Jun 2013 21:30:53 GMT
Ah... now I understand - they are separate terms in the same field.

You want:

NORM_BUS_NME:(TEST TEST1 TEST2)^35.44 OR TRIGRAM_NORM_BUS_NME:(TEST TEST1
TEST2)^20

Even so, I'm not confident that I really know what you are really after -
try explaining in simple English first.

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: vibhoreng04
Sent: Sunday, June 02, 2013 5:20 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Individual Query Works fine but OR Query not worning

Hi Jack,

But the problem is after putting the backslash like this-
(NORM_BUS_NME:TEST\ TEST1\ TEST2)^35.44 OR (TRIGRAM_NORM_BUS_NME:TEST\
TEST1\ TEST2)^20 the records which I get are like AND ....not OR.
For an example if I check individually -

(NORM_BUS_NME:TEST\ TEST1\ TEST2) gives 1 result and
(TRIGRAM_NORM_BUS_NME:TEST\ TEST1\ TEST2) gives 355.
* So the OR query should return me 355 but it returns just one.*

Additonal Info : Here Trigram is a Edge NGram multivalued field and
NORM_BUS_NME is a Tokeized normalised lower case field.

Vibhor Jaiswal
Jack Krupansky-2 wrote