lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: Creating a new core programmicatically in solr
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2013 17:22:34 GMT
The double quotes are required for curl simply because of the "&", which
tells the shell to run the preceding command in the background. The quotes
around the full URL escape the "&".

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: Saikat Kanjilal
Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2013 12:56 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: RE: Creating a new core programmicatically in solr

I'm aware of the CoreAdminRequest API, however given the fact that our solr
cluster machines have their own internal configurations I'd prefer to use
the http approach rather then having to specify the instanceDir or the
solrServer.    One issue I was thinking of was the double quotes needed
around the curl command and how to simulate that through the restclient or
even the java code, its weird that this is needed.  Anyways thanks for the
inputs.