lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: Field Names
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2013 02:48:58 GMT
One idea: DON'T DO IT!!!!!

Seriously, if you find yourself trying to "play games" with field names, it
says that you probably have a data model that is grossly out of line with
the strengths (and weaknesses) of Solr.

Dynamic fields are fine - when used in moderation, but not when pushed to
extremes.

What are you really trying to model and why does it seem to depend on
dynamic fields?

In particular, how would users and the application query those dynamic
fields?

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: PeriS
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2013 9:54 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Field Names

I was wondering if there was a way to define field names that are more less
dynamic in nature but follow a regular expression pattern. I know you can
have asterisk either as a prefix or a suffix but not both or somewhere int
he middle of a name.

Goal: to define a field that takes up the form like 10*_* which would
translate to 100_whatever thru 109_whatever; Any ideas please?

Thanks
-PeriS