lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Adding pdf/word file using JSON/XML
Date Sat, 15 Jun 2013 17:47:11 GMT

On Jun 15, 2013, at 12:54 PM, Alexandre Rafalovitch <arafalov@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 10:35 AM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
>> That being said, it truly amazes me that people were ever able to implement Solr,
given some of the FUD in this thread.  I guess those tens of thousands of deployments out
there were all done by above average devs...

> I would not classify the thread as FUD.

I was just referring to the part about how Solr isn't something average devs can do, which
I think is FUD.

At any rate, I think the ExtractingReqHandler could be updated to allow for metadata, etc.
to be passed in with the raw document itself and a patch would be welcome.  It's something
the literals stand in for now as a lightweight proxy, but clearly there is an opportunity
for more to be passed in.