lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Guido Medina <guido.med...@temetra.com>
Subject Re: Is there a way to build indexes using SOLRJ without SOLR instance?
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2013 08:12:23 GMT
I'm not a hibernate fan either to be honest, but in the Java world if
you have a good model oriented design I'm sure you prefer to map it to a
DB using JPA2 for example, in our case, we use EclipseLink which for
JPA2 I find it simpler and faster than Hibernate, now, I'm not sure of
how many JPA2 implementations can be integrated to Solr/Lucene, several
years ago I developed a project nicely using Hibernate + Hibernate
Search with just Lucene (no Solr server)

In fact I have to apologize for advising Hibernate, but for some people
it might be a good start, our company uses a polyglot design where I
have Riak + EclipseLink (Objects mapped to PostgreSQL + interceptor to
Riak), and for some objects Solr, I wish it was via annotations like in
Hibernate search cause is pretty ugly to convert back and forth to json
without any automation.

All this said, I too care about performance, but sometimes we want less
code, design patterns and things to happen automatically, so Hibernate +
Hibernate Search (If that's the only capable implementation) might not
be a bad idea at all.

Guido.