lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: Schema Change: Int -> String (i am the original poster, new email address)
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2013 03:57:22 GMT
In that case, you will need to keep two copies of the user ID, one which is
a single, complete string, and one which is a tokenized field text/TextField
so that you can do a keyword search against it. Use the string/StrField as
the main copy and then use a <copyField> directive in the schema to copy
from the main copy to the other copy.

So, maybe "user_id" is the full unique key - you would have to specify, the
full exact key to query against it, or use wildcards for partial matches,
and "user" or "user_id_str" would be the tokenized text version that would
allow a simple search by partial value, such as "2002".

Even so, I'm still not convinced that you have given us your complete
requirements. Is the user_id in fact the unique key for the documents?

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: z z
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2013 11:48 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Schema Change: Int -> String (i am the original poster, new
email address)

I want to query against one user_id in the string.

eg  user_id:2002+AND+created:[${from}+TO+${until}]+data:"more"

So all of the records with a 2002 in user_id need to be returned and only
those records.  If this can only be guaranteed by having user_id be an
integer, then that is fine, but I would like to reduce the growth of our
table.

*Row X*