lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Ing. Jorge Luis Betancourt Gonzalez" <jlbetanco...@uci.cu>
Subject Re: Suggest and Filtering
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2013 04:24:40 GMT
If is query suggestion what you are looking for, what we've done is storing the user queries
into a separated core and pull the suggestions from there.

----- Mensaje original -----
De: "Brendan Grainger" <brendan.grainger@gmail.com>
Para: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Enviados: Jueves, 13 de Junio 2013 19:43:03
Asunto: Suggest and Filtering

Hi Solr Guru's

I am trying to implement auto suggest where solr would suggest several
phrases that would return results as the user types in a query (as distinct
from autocomplete). e.g. say the user starts typing 'br' and we have
documents that contain "brake pads" and "left disc brake", solr would
suggest both of those phrases with "brake pads" first. I also want to only
look at documents that match a given filter query. So say I have a bunch of
documents for a toyota cressida that contain the bi-gram "brake pads",
while the documents for a honda accord don't have any brake pad articles.
If the user is filtering on the honda accord I wouldn't want "brake pads"
as a suggestion.

Right now, I've played with the suggest component and using faceting.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Brendan

--