lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: search for docs where location not present
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2013 22:14:43 GMT

  <processor class="solr.RunUpdateProcessorFactory" />
</updateRequestProcessorChain>

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: kevinlieb
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2013 5:43 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: search for docs where location not present

I have a location-type field in my schema where I store lat / lon of a
document when this data is available.  In around half of my documents this
info is not available and I just don't store anything.

I am trying to find the documents where the location is not set but nothing
is working.
I tried q=location_field:* and get back no results
I tried q=-location_field:[* TO *] but got back an error
I even tried something like:
q=*:*&fq={!geofilt sfield=location_field}&pt=34.02093,-118.210755&d=25000
(distance set to a very large number)
but it returned fields even if they had no location_field set.

Can anyone think of a way to do this?

Thanks in advance!