lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Matheis <matheis.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What is Difference Between Down and Gone At Admin Cloud Page?
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2013 17:34:59 GMT
The ticket for the legend is SOLR-3915, the definition came up in SOLR-3174:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-3174?focusedCommentId=13255923&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13255923

On Wednesday, June 12, 2013 at 3:54 PM, Mark Miller wrote:

> On Jun 12, 2013, at 3:19 AM, Furkan KAMACI <furkankamaci@gmail.com (mailto:furkankamaci@gmail.com)>
wrote:

> > What is Difference Between Down and Gone At Admin Cloud Page?
>
> If I remember right, Down can mean the node is still actively working towards something
- eg, without action by you, it might go into recovering or active state. Gone means it has
given up or disappeared. It's not likely to make another state change without your intervention.