lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: Updating solrconfig and schema.xml for solrcloud in multicore setup
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2013 09:14:08 GMT
Hi,

The -Dbootstrap_confdir option is really only meant for a first-time bootstrap for your development
environment, not for serious use.

Once you got your config into ZK you should modify the config directly in ZK.
There are many tools (also 3rd party) for this. But your best choice is probably zkCli shipping
with Solr.
See http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrCloud#Command_Line_Util
This means you will NOT need to start Solr with -Dboostrap_confdir at all.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com