lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: copyField generates "multiple values encountered for non multiValued field"
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2013 11:34:08 GMT
1. Try a simple curl command to add the document.

2. Check to see if maybe there is a duplicate copyField directive in your
schema. How many copyField directives do you have?

At least we know that it is exactly the same value duplicated and not some
other value.

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Krüger
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2013 7:15 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: copyField generates "multiple values encountered for non
multiValued field"

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 9:12 PM, Jack Krupansky <jack@basetechnology.com>
wrote:
> Look in the Solr log - the error message should tell you what the multiple
> values are. For example,
>
> 95484 [qtp2998209-11] ERROR org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore  –
> org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: ERROR: [doc=doc-1] multiple values
> encountered for non multiValued field content_s: [def, abc]
>
> One of the values should be the value of the field that is the source of
> the
> copyField. Maybe the other value will give you a clue as to where it came
> from.
>
> Check your SolrJ code - maybe you actually do try to initialize a value in
> the field that is the copyField target.

I see the values in the stack trace:

org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: ERROR:
[doc=8f60d040-3462-4b28-998f-fd05a64f1cd8:/] multiple values
encountered for non multiValued field name2: [rename, rename]

It is just twice the value of source-field and I am not referencing
that field in my java code.