lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Srinivasa Chegu <cheg...@hcl.com>
Subject Dot operater issue.
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2013 09:41:39 GMT
Hi team,

When the user enter search term as "h.e.r.b.a.l"  in the search textbox and click on search
button then  SOLR search engine is not returning any  results found. As I can see SOLR is
accepting the request parameter as h.e.r.b.a.l. However we have many records with the string
h.e.r.b.a.l as part of the product name.

Look like there is an issue with dot operator in the search term.  If we enter search term
as "herbal" then it is returning search results .

Our requirement is search term should be "h.e.r.b.a.l" then it needs to display results based
on dot operator .

Please help us on this issue.

Regards
Srinivas

::DISCLAIMER::

recipient(s) only.
E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted,
corrupted,
lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission. The e
mail and its contents
or HCL or its affiliates.
Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the author and may
not necessarily reflect the
views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying,
disclosure, modification,
distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written consent of authorized
representative of
HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and
notify the sender immediately.