lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Achim Domma <do...@procoders.net>
Subject Solr + Groovy
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2013 07:07:18 GMT
Hi,

I have some query building and result processing code, which is currently running as "normal"
Solr client outside of Solr. I think it would make a lot of sense to move parts of this code
into a custom SearchHandler or SearchComponent. Because I'm not a big fan of the Java language,
I would like to use Groovy.

Searching the web I got the impression that "Solr + alternative JVM languages" is not a very
common topic. So before starting my project, I would like to know: Is there a well known good
reason not to use Groovy (or Clojure, Scala, ...) for implementing custom Solr code?

kind regards,
Achim