lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Venter, Scott" <Scott.Ven...@rmb.co.za>
Subject Data Import Handler and Extract Handler
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2013 08:12:40 GMT
Hi all,

I am new to SOLR. I have been working through the SOLR 4 Cookbook and my experiences so far
have been great.

I have worked through the extraction of PDF data recipe, and the Data import recipe. I would
now like to join these two things, i.e. I would like to do a data import from a Database table
of users, and then somehow associate indexed PDF data with rows that were imported.

I have a conceptual link between rows in the database and pdf documents, but I don't know
how to make a physical link between the two in SOLR. For example, I know that user x has pdf
documents a, b and c.

If I have imported my users into SOLR using Data Import Handler, how would I

1) import and associate the pdf documents using the extract mechanism, in such a way that
there is a link between user x and the 3 pdf documents as described above?

2) is there a better way to join a table of users to a set of pdf documents?

Thanks in advance
Scott.
This e-mail is subject to a disclaimer, available at http://www.rmb.co.za/web/elements.nsf/online/disclaimer-communications.html